Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So Thankful Part II

I am determined to focus on Thankfulness this month. It is such a busy time and I tend to lose sight of what is important if my focus isn't centered in the right direction. There are so many things to be thankful for, I just can't stop at the top ten. So here is the second half of my top twenty. These are not necessarily in order from greatest to least....I am just writing what comes to mind.

I am thankful for:
11. knowing that God is in Control
12. the fact that I live in a free country
13. for each and every breath that I have been given
14. time-even though there doesn't seem to be enough in the day, may I learn to use it more wisely
15. books-what a delicious way to spend some of the free time I have been given!
16. the changing seasons (snow is in the forecast for today)
17. the growth that has taken place in me and my family over the years
18. cell phones-it helps my family stay in touch on a daily basis!
19. Christmas-my kids are coming home!!
20. my children's personalities...they are all so different and special! I am so blessed!

I am also thankful that my daughter Bethany is taking up the craft that I love so much! She sent me a picture on my cell phone of a page she created yesterday! It is beautiful! I am hoping that she will send a picture to me that I can post it here. I can't tell you how much it blesses my heart!

November's kit is now up at Color Me Daisy!!! Whoo hoo!! What a fun kit to work with.

Here are a couple of projects I have finished with this awesome kit.


This project is my favorite. I just love October Afternoon products and these papers are awesome. I decided it would be fun to use color blocks along with this awesome picture of my kids we took while we were on the beach in Washington. The journaling states: My heart is so full of love for you. Stay close to each other, love one another deeply, and always be there to listen. Take care of each other always. I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the decorative edge. You just gotta love her punches!!

November Challenge at Color Me Daisy!!


This card was made for my monthly challenge. I hope you can participate!! It is very easy, just make a card of thankfulness-whether you make a thank you card or a Thanksgiving Card, it's up to you. Post your finshed card to the November Challenge Gallery at Color Me Daisy and also post a link under Kristii's November Card Challenge and you will be elligible to win a prize!
I can't wait to see what you will create!!
Tomorrow I will post some layouts for the Color Me Daisy November Blog Hop! I hope you will check back and play along!!
Have a great day!
kristii


10 comments:

Ally said...

I see a definite theme here! Love the layout - graphic and fun all at the same time!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Love the LO - OA is a fav. of mine too!!

Lauren said...

Great layout and i love how you used the martha stewart punch.

vtpuggirl said...

I adore that kit, so beautiful. Your projects showcase it perfectly. This is just what I needed to hear today, to focus on being grateful.

Elisa said...

Beautiful stuff, Kristii! Love your LO!

Stacey Michaud said...

LOVE, love, love your projects with the kit!!!

mommy2alex said...

Great layout!! What a fun kit:)

Anonymous said...

Im am so thankful to have your blog to read. Your 'honestly speaking' is just what I like to listen to!
I mean it, I think we would have great visits IRL if we lived somewhat close. But we can also be Thankful for the internet/scrapping that can bring two people to friendship this way.
take care and enjoy the those snowflakes.

laverneboese said...

kristii, your work is just truly beautiful! i love coming to your blog :)

Michelle said...

I love the layout Kristii! Your work is always so yummy to look at. I also love your list of what you are thankful for. It's good to remind ourselves of these things!