Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Happy Tuesday!!

This is the day that the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I have a lot to do today!  Wish me luck that I can get even a fraction of everything done!!
1.  Be a wife and mom- my house is a disaster and needs some attention
2.  Work-Only one job today, Yay!!  8-3:30 will be a breeze!
3.  Taxes-I finally have all the paperwork, now I just need the time!
4.  Grocery shop-a necessary evil
5.  Shop for Valentine's goodies and a birthday present!!!  (Heidi's Birthday is on Sunday!!)
6.  Play-I have several projects that I need to work on

Ok, so my list isn't that long, but considering the amount of time I have to do it all in.....

I have been having fun with my Color Me Daisy kit!!!  Lots of Basic Grey goodies in this one!!!
Here is a little project I finished up using an old heart candy box and some glass beads.
I covered the candy box lid with patterned paper and the side with brown cardstock.  I painted the bottom edge with Claudine Hellmuth's Painterly Pink paint (majorly awesome coverage-I love it!!).  I covered the patterned paper on the lid with Terrifically Tacky Tape and covered the lid with the glass beads.  What an fun 3-d effect these create!!  I added lace to the sides and added some ribbon and embellishments to the top.  Michelle over at CMD has added a fun Making Memories floral add on for purchase and I am loving all the floral goodness!!  I hope you get a chance to check the kit out over at Color Me Daisy!!  I will be adding some more CMD goodness to my blog tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fabulous day!!
May the joy of the Lord fill your hearts today,
Kristii

21 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great idea! I'm headed to the CMD site next. Good luck getting everything done and whatever you do, have a fun day!

Chris Dodaj said...

I love that so much that I bos'd it on 2Peas! I'm going to try and make one for my Mom!!

Have a great day! Good luck with your task list!!

Chris

waleska said...

gorgeous box!! have a great day :)

Unknown said...

This is beautiful!!!

Lorry said...

Awesome Creativity Kristii! I love the BG paper too! Great choice, good luck getting your list accomplished today.

Lea L. said...

Wow Kristii...this is just utterly gorgeous! So many details!! Love it!

Have a great day, hope you get everything done that you need!

~Lea

Lauren said...

Your opening quote put a hymm in my head!

LOVE that lil box, yummy!

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful!

Sweet Peripety said...

you have such an uplifting blog, kristii!
love your heart box! it's so cute!

Deanna said...

Kristii, it's so refreshing to read your blog. I love that you start by honoring God, then seem to proceed through the day/thoughts/etc. And I still love the V-day box! I'm definitely going to have to make one! ;) Hope you have a great day and accomplish all you need to do!

Anonymous said...

that is SO beautiful Kristii!!

I hope you have a great day!!

Helsbells said...

I love that box. It is so beautiful :)

Unknown said...

Great job on the candy box, Kristii! I hope you had a great day!

vtpuggirl said...

Wishing you the best in getting your list done. I too love that paint.

Erin said...

that altered candy box is so beautiful!

Susan Beth said...

That candy box looks wonderful. Hope your day was productive and energized as well as fun!

claudine hellmuth said...

beautiful! thank you for using my paints too!

AnnaMarie said...

Beautiful box!! I just adore your work! :) I hope you had a productive day and got to play a bit too! :)

Jocelyn said...

Oh My Goodness, this is STUNNING! I'm going to have to save Evan's box after he opens it this year!!! You did such a great job and I love all the details. Such talent and TFS with us!!! I just adore your Blog!

Francine said...

Wow, that box is wonderful!!!!!

Greta said...

This is beyond gorgeous!!! I am in awe.