Monday, February 9, 2009

It's official...

My sweet, sweet daughter is 21!!  Wow!! How can it be???  Happy Birthday Sweetie!!! I love you!!  In honor of my sweet girl's special day, I used her as a subject for my latest So Sketchy project.  I love this picture of her laughing with a joy from deep within.  This picture brings so much joy to my heart!!!  I wish you many moments of pure laughter my sweet girl!! Laughter is good medicine!!!

Challenge #72 at Scrapping the Music is Lullaby, by the Dixie Chicks.  What a fun song to scrap.  I decided to let the picture speak for itself in this layout and just keep it very simple!  Isn't this picture just precious!  The journaling states, "this picture makes my heart sing".  My kids are so lucky to have a daddy who loves them so much. I used Mellisa Frances paper and lace and Making Memories Alphas.  I also used a page from my old hymnal.  This is one of my favorite layouts ever!!  I love you sweetie!!

Tomorrow I should have some sneaks from my LRS February designs!!!  

Today I will leave you with the chorus from Matthew West's song, More.
I love you more than the sun And the stars that I taught how to shine 
You are mine, and you shine for me too I love you yesterday and today And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again I love you more
He does love you more and I hope you will feel the light of his love in      your hearts today!!

Kristii

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

those are gorgeous Kristii!! So is your sweet daughter!

Susan Beth said...

Yeah for birthdays! And for beautiful daughters! Love the layouts and the picture of her laughing is a fantastic one! I hope you can abide in the joy and love of our creator God today as you celebrate the gift he gave you in that beautiful girl and a husband who loves her!

april said...

oh kristii, your daughter is gorgeous! love that LO of her...all the layering and bright colors, so fun!

Ally said...

Oh gosh - that lullaby layout is GORGEOUS!

Lorry said...

Both layouts are Fabulous Kristii!
Congrats on raising another wonderful woman!

Lisa said...

Happiest of birthdays to your beautiful young lady! Amazing how fast time flies. My son turned 21 this past July and it seems only yesterday I was referring to him as "my little man"! The layouts are absolutely amazing. Such different emotions from each, but both speak straight from the heart! Have a wonderful day!

Lea L. said...

Beautiful layouts Kristii! I hope you had a wonderful weekend!

~Lea

Sweet Peripety said...

how proud you must be of your dd! your pages are sooooo lovely, kristii!

Denise said...

A very happy 21st birthday to your daughter. I hope her day is very special. Both your layouts are spectacular. I really need more adjectives to describe your masterpeices!

Davinie Fiero said...

You know i love your lullaby layout. LOVE it. Happy birthday to your daughter. 21! EEK!

Rita said...

Love both of those LOs! They are just perfect! Love the layering on fun colors on the first one, and the simple elegance of the second one :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww Happy BIRTHDAY to your BEAUTIFUL DD!!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):) And loveeeeeeeeeeeee those LO's!!!!! ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS Kristi! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) I must say....it is QUITE the honor to WORK with SUCH AMAZING talent as yourself on STM! :):):):):):):):)

mborrero said...

Thanks for sharing. WOw 21.

scrappermimi said...

You so don't look old enough to have a 21 year old! She is a beauty! Happy birthday and loving your LO as usual!

Francine said...

That lullaby page is simply gorgeous!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

absolutley stunning your daughter and your layouts :-)

Jocelyn said...

What a beautiful daughter!!! Love the LO that you did. Your MOJO is RAGING!!!! It's back and I so adore your work. I love the inspiration that you leave me with each time I visit with you!!! God Bless and have a wonderful week!!

Amy Adams (aka Scrapitgal) said...

Goodnes - I don't know how you keep up with it all, but your work is absolutely gorgeous!! AND so is your 21 yr. old DD - 21 oh my!! Where does the time go??