Saturday, November 27, 2010

Computers and Challenges!!

For me to say "computers are challenging" is an understatement! I live on my computer. I facebook, blog, check my email, edit, design....you name it, I do it on my computer. However, when my computer gives me fits, I am totally at a loss! Over the past two months, I have managed to fry two computers and today, I have spent countless hours trying to salvage what was lost. An overwhelming task, to say the least! Finally, I have gotten to a point where I can at least post to my blog....sigh! You can be sure that I will be spending some time investigating computers and finding a computer that will fill my needs and hopefully not break down under the heavy load I put onto it! Until then, I am finally going to post a couple of challenges that I made cards for!


This challenge has become my favorite over the past several weeks!!! I just love the sketches that Laura and Kazan post and this week's was no exception!

This week I made a card using Tinsel and Twig from The Girl's Paperie by Margie, however, it is not a Christmas Card. I have a friend who I have been thinking about a ton and thought it would be fun to send a card to her. I got out my Copics and went to town!!! Way fun!!
Here's a close-up of the detail:
Supplies Used:
Cardstock: Bazzill Red; PTI Rustic White and Stamper's Select White
Patterned Paper: Girl's Paperie Tinsel and Twig
Stamps: PTI Year of Flowers-Mums; Red Lead Paperworks Chickadee
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink by Ranger Brushed Corduroy and Barn Red;
Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies: PTI Medium Scallop
Fiskar's Pinking Shears
Ribbon, Button and Floss from my stash
Copic Markers


When I took a peak at the challenge, I thought...."snowing gingerbread", what can I do with that. However, after thinking for a brief moment, I thought....I can make my husband's birthday card using that trigger!!!! So I picked up my Sizzix Snow embossing folder and took a peek at Tim Holtz Tags of Christmas from a year ago and went to town!!!!
I dry embossed both the PTI Stamper's select and Blueberry Sky papers. Stamped and embossed the trees and the car then hand I cut them all out. I added some Sparkly Fluff to the trees and then punched out and glittered some snowflakes. I die cut a banner and stamped on the Happy Birthday message and wouldn't you know it?? I had the perfect masculine card for my husband!!! It was so fun to make and best of all, He loved it!!!

Supplies Used:
PTI Cardstock: Stamper's Select, Rustic Cream and Blueberry Sky
Grungeboard byTim Holtz
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
PTI Ink: Fresh Snow
Tim Holtz Ink by Ranger: Forest Moss and Crushed Olive
Ranger Super Fine Detail Embossing Powder: Black and Clear
Craft Lounge Sparkly Fluff: Sugar
Tim Holtz Stamps: Car and Trees
PTI Stamps: Border Builders
PTI Dies: Border Builders
EK Success Punch
Martha Stewart Glitter

I truly hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!
We will be putting up our main Christmas Tree!!! Whoo hoo!! I love Christmas!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Kristii

28 comments:

Kara said...

wow..that first card is just amazing!!

Laura Davis said...

Stunning work!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Unknown said...

both cards are stunning!!! love them all!!

Stephanie said...

Your first card is just gorgeous!!! I have to get a set of those flowers for Christmas from my DH. It's just so beautiful.

~amy~ said...

BOTH of your cards are simply a-mazing...I'm sooo sorry that you're having computer problems...I feel your pain...so not computer savvy...I'm so lucky that my man is a computer geek though:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry you have had computer problems...I feel your pain lately! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):) I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the cards!! The colors on both are gorgeous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous cards! Love all that striking red and beautiful flower! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y this week!

Jocelyn said...

LOVEEEEEEEEEEEE these cards.....wowza...you are so super talented!!!

So sorry about the computer problems!!!

Wishing you a Blessed Day!!!

Angi Barrs said...

Love the vibrant colors in your cards. Stunning :)

Joanne Leddy said...

These cards are gorgeous. First let me congratulate you for making the Fab 5! The card with the Model T is wonderful. Love those trees. Thanks for sharing!

Lorraine said...

Ooh, your cards are just gorgeous! You rocked both challenges. Love the designs and techniques you used on both. Stunning!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Luv your cards! Your use of color and layouts are an inkspiration! hugz

Helen F. said...

Ohhh, both of your cards are FABULOUS...I just love that Mum and your amazing coloring. Great masculine card for hubby too :o)

SmilynStef said...

I could wander for hours on your blog ... adding it to my reader ... fantastic coloring and gorgeous cards.

Laurie said...

Kristii....YEAH! Congrats on Fab 5!!! Your cards are stunning!

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards, Kristii! I love that Trigger one as well as the 2s4y TOP 5;) !!! Congratulations! I soooo hear you on the computer thing, I came home a couple weeks ago to a completely DEAD hard drive, so frustrating! Have a great week & thanks for your kind comments on my blog.

Asia said...

First is beautiful and energetic! Both are fantastic!

Ingrid Danvers said...

Your cards are beautiful, Kristii. Especially the one for 2S4Y. Congrats on making the Fab5!
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. You may want to consider buying a Mac. I love Apple, and we never had any problems with our Macs.

Lorry said...

ah maze ing!!!!! lol love your cards and the bday card for Joe is great. hope you find a computer that withstands your talents!
xoxox Have a great week!

BethieJ said...

Kristii both cards are FABULOUS!! SORRY about the computer!!
Have a GREAT day!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful cards, Kristii! I love the red one, but the snowflake scene is great too!

Stephanie Washburn said...

Congrats on making the Fab 5! I LOVE your card- I could stare at it all day!

Lisa Lynn said...

Sorry about your computer. Your card from Girls Paperie is stunning!

Unknown said...

Love both your cards... the first one is stunning!
Hugs
Kim
x

Anonymous said...

{{huge hugs}}

Your cards are stunning!

Trees said...

Wow! I love that first card so much! The flower is so vibrant and life like. I'm also going to have to look up those stamps you used on the background...they are so pretty in that combination.
Again- LOVE your blog.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Cristii! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack and your post looks very interesting for me..