Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Welcome Baby and Tickled Pink

Good morning my dear friends!!  I'm being a little nostalgic this morning.  We are on our way to visit our kids in Washington one last time this summer, and as I ponder how amazing it will be for us all to be together again, I think back to those long ago days when each of them were born!  What special days those were!!!  Children are a gift from God and I am so thankful for each one of my amazing kids!!  I remember the excitement of family and friends when they received the news that our babies had arrived!  

Now, I am the one who is filled with excitement when I hear the news of a new baby and what better way to share in the excitement, than to make a special card for the new parents.  Today I am going to share two sweet little cards that celebrate amazing gift of new life!

The first card is made using Pink Persimmon's Baby Clothesline and Baby Greeings!  I sure do love these stamps!! They inspire me to create the sweetest baby cards and I know they will inspire you too!

I used Crate Paper's Emma's Shop patterned paper, Papertrey Ink's Rustic Cream Cardstock, and some vintage music paper to create this card.  The dress is stamped from patterned paper and the sweaters from cardstock.  I colored in the sweater with R0000 Pink Beryl, R000 Cherry White, and R20 Blush Copic markers, I fussy cut each one, and I adhered them to the front of my card in clothesline fashion.  I machine stitched the seams and added a sweet hand dyed seam binding ribbon.  What a fun card to make and I will truly enjoy giving it away!!!

The second card I thought would be fun to use the same stamps in a different way.  I created my own patterned paper using a single heart from the set and colored them in with a B0000 Pale Celestine Copic Marker.  A different look all together, but sweet just the same!
I added some Papertrey Ink ribbon, a button and Prima lace to enhance the card.    I think it's fun to get out of my box and use the stamps in different and unique ways!! 

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!! I am so excited to share these sweet projects with you!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Kristii

7 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

So very sweet! :)

Brendaxx said...

Oh they're so pretty and adorable!! I absolutely love them:)

Denise said...

Kristii, your baby cards have been SO sweet... can you make baby cards everyday forever and ever??! I just LOVE 'em!

I was just thinking this morning when Abigail climbed into bed with me to watch cartoons that even though it was 6:15, someday I'll miss having everyone snuggled up together. Enjoy your family time - HUGS.

TesaB said...

How sweet!!! Both of the cards are adorable!!!

Petti said...

Those cards are just really cute!

Marybeth said...

The pink card is so adorable and I love every tiny detail. The blue card is so cute too, again very nice work.

Jen Carter said...

These are just soooo adorable!! Sweet!!