Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Fall is in the Air

Hi there friends!  I trust you are having a fabulous day!!!  It's a little warm here in Montana, but the air is nice and crisp in the mornings.  You can see a hint of color in the trees and you know that fall is definitely in the air!  This weekend I couldn't help but pull out all my fall decorations.  It seemed, however that my collection was missing a few things.  I don't know what I did with them, but I was motivated to grab my Glitz Design Laced with Grace papers and  make some new decorations to brighten up my walls!

I started with a fall quote, "Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn" by Elizabeth Lawrence, and then I pulled out my Serenade Cricut Cartridge and this is what I came with:
I played with the quote using Photoshop Elements and the Papyrus font and I really like the way it turned out.  I spritzed the background paper with Tattered Angels Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist to add some warmth to the rustic cream cardstock. I found the frame at Michael's for 40% off and I cut the tree trunk out of the backside of Love Games Floral paper to match the frame.  
I cut the butterflies out of the Laced with Grace Butterflies paper and coated them with Tim Holtz Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint.  The crackle paint added lots of texture and a little shine.  I took some tea dye distress ink and worked it into the cracks and crevices of the crackle paint and then I added some pearls to each of them.
I cut the tree out at 8 3/4 inches and I used several Laced with Grace Papers for the leaves.  I added Laced with Grace Whatnots and Glitzers to finish out the scene.
After I finished the first project, I thought it would be fun to make a little banner for the shelf that hangs near the wall art I just created, and here's what I came up with:

I cut out three pennants and covered them with Laced with Grace Papers and added a striped border to each of them.
I carried over the crackled butterfly to add some uniformity to my decorations.  I cut out some sweet little doilies out of rustic cream paper to mount them on and inked them all with tea dye ink.
 I added some stitched felt leaves and die cut acorns.  I just love the sentiment on the banner, "Its the little things that matter most",  Isn't that so true?
I found the wreath at Joann's fabrics to complete the ensemble.   Ahhhh....the gloriousness of fall!  All I needed was a little Glitz Design Magic!!

Supplies used:
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" Papers:  Floral, Stripe, Rose, and Butterflies
Glitz Design "Love Games" Papers: Floral
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" Glitzers
Glitz Design "Laced with Grace" Whatnots
other supplies:  Papertrey Ink: Rustic Cream Cardstock, Autumn Acorns dies and stamps, Double-Edged Banner die, Gratitude Journal Stamps, Picket Fence Die, Banner Border Die, and Rustic Cream buttons and twine; Cricut Serenade Cartridge; Tattered Angels Coffee Shop Glimmer Mist; Tim Holtz Rock Candy Crackle Paint and Distress Tea Dye Ink; Recollections Pearls; Micheal's Frame.

Thanks for stopping by!!
Wishing you a very Glitzy Day!!
Kristii

8 comments:

Handmade Cards by Archana said...

WOW!!beautiful card!!

Stephanie said...

Kristii your picture and banner are just amazingly beautiful!!! I love how you showed us how it will be displayed in your home. Just lovely!

TesaB said...

Ohhhh both projects are amazing. LOVE the wall haning. Such a wonderful tree and all the details. Mmmmm!!!! And the banner! WOW!!!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Ooooo, love it all!!! Such a great soft fall feel - really exudes warmth :>)

Kara said...

such beautiful fall projects !!

Mara Campbell said...

oooh, it looks like fall! I love the frame and the banner is so pretty. Love the doilies on the banner!

Marybeth said...

Beautiful and I love the smaller banner. I love fall. Amazing! TFS

Linda Beeson said...

These are wonderful! LOVE the colors and that little banner is just precious with the great paper and accent choices.