Saturday, October 15, 2011

Prickley Pear October Sketch Challenge


Happy Saturday sweet friends!!!  It's time for the sketch challenge over at Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps. One lucky participant will be randomly chosen to win a clear stamp set and coordinating die of their choice, all you have to do is make a card based on this sketch using a Prickley Pear product and link it to the Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps blog challenge post by October 31st. 
I chose to use the absolutely gorgeous Victorian Ornament Clear Stamp set for this challenge!!!!  The stamps are so pretty and the stamping possibilities are endless!!!
I had to change things up a bit and I decided to turn the sketch upside down.
Here's my take on the sketch:
I wanted to keep the design nice and simple so that the Victorian Ornaments would shine.  
I lightly colored the ornaments and added some Fruit Punch Stickles to add shine.  I had some Holly Leaves and buttons in my stash and thought they would highlight the ornmanets nicely as there is a holly leaf and berry in the small oval of the bulb.

Supplies Used:
Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps:Victorian Ornament Clear Stamp set and Die
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Holly Jolly Die, and Pure Poppy Buttons
Crate Paper Peppermint Collection 6x6 Paper Pad
Making Memories Holly Leaves
Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink 
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Copic Markers:  YG 95 Pale Olive, R000 Cherry White, E 57 Light Walnut, 0 Colorless Blender

I hope you join us in playing with this month's sketch!!  
Have a wonderful weekend!!

4 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Your card is gorgeous!! Love the images you used, will have to put that set on my wish list! I will have to make some time to play along!

TesaB said...

BEATUFIUL! Love how you flipped the sketch and used these fabbie stamps. And wow for the buttons! Love, love love how you altered the sentiment with that big beautiful button!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, wow, and wow! This is gorgeous Kristi! Very festive! :)

Angelica Turner said...

Gorgeous!!! Loving your how you placed the sketch and all the wonderful details.