Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Vintage Blue Love

Hi there dear friends!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!!  I'm positively excited to share some Vintage Blue love with you today!!!

The first card features a very vintage design using Vintage Blue Paper, Whatnots, and Peek-a-boos.  I layered a strip of Motif paper on top of a trimmed Peek-a-boo and stitched the seam.
I fussy cut the bird from a Whatnot and layered him on top of another Whatnot and a Prima Birdcage.  I added some Tea Dyed Twill Ribbon and button embellishments.
Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Papers:  Motif
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Whatnots
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Peek-a-Boos
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock, Tiny Tags Die, Friendship Jar Stamps (Sentiment), buttons and twine;  Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink; Melissa Phillips Tea Dyed Twill; Prima Birdcage


I just had to make a Christmas Card using the Vintage Blue line and I thought Tim Holtz Tattered Pine Cone Die would complement the papers perfectly!
I trimmed a Vintage Blue Peek-a-Boo and then layered it over Rustic Cream cardstock. Then I added strips of Glitz Design Vintage Blue Motif paper on the top and bottom of the card.  I added the Tatted Pinecones, a birdcage Peek-a-Boo,  some vintage hymnal paper and buttons to embellish the card.

Supplies Used:
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Papers:  Motif
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Peek-a-Boos
Glitz Design "Vintage Blue" Teeny Alpha Stickers: Pearl
Other Supplies:  Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream, Kraft and Spring Moss Cardstock, Wonderful Words Holiday Die, buttons and twine;  Vintage Hymnal Paper; Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress Ink and Tattered Pinecone Die; Melissa Phillips Tea Dyed Twill; Prima Lace


Thanks for stopping by and I wish you a very Gltizy Day!!
Kristii

4 comments:

Gerdine said...

Both cards are beautiful! Love the blue accents!

Lindsay said...

GORGEOUS Kristi! I love how you work the blue!

TesaB said...

Oh MY! This card made my heart stop when it rolled up on my reader. It's beyond words beautiful!

Marybeth said...

Wow! These are some of the most beautiful cards I have seen. Wow!