Monday, December 5, 2011

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Day 5 and Prickley Pear Mondays


Day 5 - Prickley Pear Monday

Hi there dear friends!! It's hard to believe we are already on day five of the Twelve Days of Christmas celebration!! Today is also Prickley Pear Monday and I chose to use Prickley Pear Rubber Stamp's Snowman Postage as the inspiration for today's post:
I started with an old piece of Basic Grey Eskimo Kissed paper from my stash and I die cut the edge of the paper with Papertrey Ink's Edger Collection #3.  I decided the base of my card should be dry embossed with Sizzix snowflake embossing folder to add texture and to enhance the snowy theme.
I punched a 1 3/4" hold into the patterned paper and then decided to make a glittered frame out of Rustic Cream Cardstock.  I die cut a scalloped circle using a Spellbinders Die and then punched the middle out of the circle using the same 1 3/4" punch and then added some glitter to represent snow.
I stamped the Snowman Postage in Momento's Tuxedo Black Ink and then fussy cut the snowman image out.  I lightly colored him with Copic Markers and added glitter to make him shine.  I used Melissa Frances  Deck the Halls 6x6 pad to create the background behind the snowman.  I just love the Christmas music background!
I added the sentiment from Prickley Pear Stamps Vintage Ornament and added glittered snowflakes, ribbon and jingle bells to embellish.
You can see all the layers from this viewpoint.  Such a fun little card to make!!

Supplies used:
Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Snowman Postage
Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps Vicorian Ornament  (sentiment)
Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses Paper
Melissa Frances Deck the Halls 6x6 pad
Papertrey Ink Rustic Cream Cardstock
Papertrey Ink Edger Collection Dies #3
Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Die
Papertrey Ink Winter Penguin Die
Papertrey Ink Double Edged Banner Die
Martha Stewart Glitter
Ribbon and Jingle Bells from my stash
My Craft Spot Blue Baker's Twine

Thanks for stopping by!!!
Kristii

5 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

Such a sweet card! Love the scalloped bottom! :)

Melissa said...

LOVE this card, Kristii! Such beautiful winter colors and just the right amount of added detail! Perfect! :)

Angelica Turner said...

Kristii, your card is just gorgeous!!! I absolutely love your color combo and all those beautiful details.

Audrey Pettit said...

This is SO gorgeous, Kristii! My jaw just dropped open when I saw this beauty on the PPRS blog yesterday. :)

Lori said...

OMWord this is so retro cute...I love it. I'm a sucker for a snowman any day, LOL.