Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 7 English Toffee

Happy Sunday evening sweet friends! I am a little behind on my 12 Days of Christmas posts and I'm sorry for that!  It's been crazy busy the last few days and I will keep posting as I can.  Thank you so much for being patient with me!  I've started my holiday candy making and thought I would share my English Toffee recipe with you.  This recipe has been a family favorite for years and I know everyone looks forward to it each and every year!  I hope you love it as much as we do!
Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cut sugar
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds

Melt one cup butter in a heavy saucepan.  Add sugar, water and corn syrup.  Cook over medium heat to 290 degrees, stirring frequently.  Be sure to watch carefully after 280 degrees.  Remove from heat and quickly stir in coarsely chopped almonds.  Immediately turn into a buttered 13x9x2 pan.  Wait for 2-3 minutes and sprinkle with chocolate chips.  When chocolate has softened, spread evenly over toffee and then sprinkle with finely chopped almonds.  Chill until chocolate is firm and cut into pieces.

Enjoy!!!
Kristii

1 comment:

Marybeth said...

Thanks for sharing your family recipe. I have one too but we don't add corn syrup or water . Just butter sugar and a bit of salt. Its looks the same though. Beautiful picture.